Last Updated: January 20, 2022
Thank you for playing Apes vs. Mutants (the “Game” or the “Services”)! The Game is offered by Yuga Labs, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company
(“Yuga Labs”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
1. The Personal Information (as defined below) we collect about you and why we do so;
2. How we use and disclose your Personal Information; and
3. The choices you may have about your Personal Information.
THE DATA WE COLLECT
When you register for and/or play the Game, we collect certain Personal Information. By “Personal Information”, we mean information that can identify or reasonably be linked to an individual. Personal Information that we collect includes:
- Your email address (if you choose to create an account);
- Player username and password;
- Messages you exchange with us (such as chat logs and player support tickets); - Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account); and
- Information we collect automatically in order to provide the Services to you, including your IP address and mobile device identifiers, and certain data about your device, such as device name and operating system
We also collect non-Personal Information relating to the Game, that is, information that does not personally identify an individual. The non-Personal Information we collect includes how you interact with the Services, and information about your device accessing or using the Game.
Examples of the non-Personal Information we collect are:
- The features of the Game that you use;
- What information and content you view or interact with using the Game;
- Language preferences;
- The city and state in which you are located (but not your precise geographic location); and
- Unique identifiers that are not connected and cannot reasonably be connected to your identity.
We will not use non-Personal Information to try to identify you, and if we associate any non-Personal Information with information that personally identifies you, then we will treat it as Personal Information.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect in order to:
- Assist us in providing, maintaining, and protecting the security of the Game; - Set up, maintain, and protect accounts to use the Game;
- Improve our online operations;
- Communicate with you, such as provide you with account- or transactionrelated communications, or other newsletters, RSS feeds, and/or other communications relating to the Game;
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products and services and developing new products or services;
- Manage and maintain the systems that provide the Game; and
- For such other purposes that you may authorize us to use your Personal Information from time to time.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Information to provide the Services, or when you authorize or instruct us to do so, for example when you use the Services to submit content or profile information. We may also disclose Personal Information and non-Personal Information to our Service Providers. By “Service Providers” we mean companies, agents, contractors, service providers, or others engaged to perform functions on our behalf (such as helping us provide and host the Game). We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties when we believe, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) enforce or apply the terms and
conditions of the Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (b) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or an enforceable governmental request, (c) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or other third parties, (d) prevent a crime or protect national security, or (e) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Finally, we reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Information) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company relating to the Services, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or receivership of our business. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of such transfer, for example via email or by posting notice in the Game.
Lastly, we may also disclose non-Personal Information, aggregated with information about our other users, to our clients, business partners, merchants, advertisers, investors, potential buyers and other third parties if we deem such disclosure, in our sole discretion, to have sound business reasons or justifications.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
You may request access to your Personal Information by sending an email to email@example.com. We will try to locate and provide you with your Personal Information and give you the opportunity to correct this data, if it is inaccurate, or to delete it, at your request. But, in either case, we may need to retain it for legal reasons or for legitimate business purposes. Please be aware that if you request us to delete your Personal Information, you may not be able to continue to use the Services. Also, even if you request that we delete your Personal Information, we may need to retain certain information for a limited period of time to satisfy our legal, audit and/or dispute resolution requirements.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
The Services are not intended for users under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under 18 years of age. We do not authorize users under 18 years of age to use the Services.
We utilize reasonable information security measures to safeguard your Personal Information against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction. However, no data transmission over the Internet and no method of data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security.